
I never had such a strong desire
to play with a raging burning fire
But somewhere deep within my soul
lies a love, a power, that's barely controlled
My eyes roll back as it pushes to skin
a boiling cesspool of emotion within
I try my hardest to swallow it down
But it breaks the surface, making a sound
"LET ME OUT!" my anger genie shouts
I slam my fists, and lose all doubt
"OUT I MUST GO!" It bursts from my lips
A tingling sensation runs to my fingertips
Electricity jolts through my body up to my hair
My mind spins, eyes dart, and I gasp for air
"OUT!" Again the voice errupts from my mouth,
"Who is that?" I think, "who is this that shouts?"
"IT IS ME" Says I, the demon within
"Did you think that you'd never see me again?"
I never left you. I am always here in the dark. I wait for you and your protection to part. I will ever watch, lying with poise. Your guardians cannot always watch you, boy. When you go to sleep, I'll come out of this place. I will laugh at the horrified look on your face. Goodnight sweet prince, and lie in the dark. For now it is my turn to take a part. Goodnight my boy, you'll never forget. I am always here. I am your greatest regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment