Saturday, June 26, 2010

Caring


I'm an asshole.
I'm cynical.
I always insult my friends.
The first words on my lips cut with rapier wit, on friend and foe alike.
I do it because I care so goddamn much.
I care fully and truly.
I want everyone around me to be happy.
The only way I can stay sane is to attack anything I'm not already attached to.
If I didn't, then I'd destroy myself with my caring.
I love you, because you're as cruel as I am.
But the paradox is that even as harsh as you are, you've got plenty of friends.
Many people love you, and in that way, I feel like an infinitely small part of your life.
I love you.
I'm sorry you have to feel like this.
I'm sorry that I can't heal you.

But I want to.
I want to save you.

Feel better, please.
I don't think I can keep caring too much more.

2 comments:

  1. Unfotunately we can only save those who want to be saved....it's a harsh lesson to learn and one I keep tyring to remember. But if your a healer and only see the good in others, what else are we to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So real and raw and unfashioned that everything is like a pin prick, every moment is a not just part of a passing minute but a Thing.
    A kind woman I know well said it was 'all about filters' - not having any means you have the potential to bleed, gutted by the tiny things in life other people have learnt to ignore. Right now I am so vulnerable I have a sick feeling.
    In the wonder is also the tragedy... of being human, of feeling too much: bt mostly of wondering why there are those that don't?
    A crusade, a curse, a lifetime of lighter moments and wonder, peppered with suffering and amazement and the cruelty of others, or your own ability to inflict pain on those you love....
    Well, I know which sentiment I prefer.
    x

    ReplyDelete