Friday, July 16, 2010

Analyzing my relationship


Last night we went out salsa dancing. Many times she leaned over to kiss me and grabbed my hand. When I finally put my arms around her at the end of the night, she responded like a little cat. Snuggling up and closing her eyes in the comfort she finds with me.

She's still a virgin, and she has given me no idea on when she's going to be ready. I probe often, trying to find out why she's holding out. She usually says "that's just where my comfort level is."


Mackenzie dated Jonny for 2 years, and so far we've dated for just over 2 months. I lost my virginity when I was 16, she's 23. The first girl I had sex with, it took 3 nights of courtship over the course of 4 days and I remember many of the details.

I don't know how long I'm going to stay with her, but in my mind, I know that it's going to be for awhile.

There's a parallel between her issue and mine. Her ambiguous time frame on when we're going to have sex is similar to my ambiguous time frame on how long I want to stay with her. And to some extent, these two issues lean on one another, like two boards of wood making a little triangle. Neither one is straight, rigid and solidly placed into the ground. When I ask her how long is it going to be before we have sex, she says, "not for awhile." When I ask myself how long I'm going to stay with her, my answer is, "for awhile."

Both of these elements of our relationship have quite an influence upon one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment