Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Bike Was Stolen

Remember this bike?

Well it got stolen last Friday. Just before I got tasked with a lot of stuff to do, leaving me with no transportation besides a child's bike I bought at wal-mart and my own two feet. So I've been trudging along, much more slowly, getting my daily tasks done and fantasizing about kicking some thieve's ass. My friend's bike was also stolen at the same time.



I told my co-workers and friends. And luckily enough, I have tons of pictures of my bike all over facebook. That's because I loved my bike! :D Isn't it unique? Anyways a lot of people offered suggestions, so I planned for today. My first day off work, and ample time to actually do something about it. I printed off 40 full color flyers, with a picture of my bike, my friends bike, misc details and in red capital letters at the bottom "REWARD!" I individually placed each one into a plastic sleeve, taped it in there and cut out little strips with phone numbers on the bottom, for easy tear-able convenience.

Today we got together and went to major hot spots and handed out flyers. I went to the major bus stops, at the college and at downtown. I showed the bus drivers the flyers and went to the building they all work at and gave a copy to the secretary, who has put it up somewhere for all the staff to see.

I went to various bike shops, and explained the situation, and put flyers up. They were all very understanding :) Went to the police station and filed a police report, along with the serial number for my bike, and you guessed it, another flyer!

A days work done, we went for dinner at subway, after paying I asked if they would put a flyer up on the windows for me, and they did. And then we went home. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I bought a new bike! 650 bucks on a new Kona mountain bike :)

It was shortly after arriving home that I got a phone call. It was from my ex! She had seen my bike at her work. Turns out some FASD kid took it. It also doesn't have it's rear wheel on it...for some reason I can't understand. Anyways it's in her car now. Now we need to get him to confess where the other bike is.

Will I press charges? She's talked me out of it. Either way, this is the third instance in a row, where something has been stolen from me, and I've gotten some form of retribution. Previous to this was when my roomate with the shitty dog moved out and stole some stuff. Well, we just took her damage deposit. :D And before that, someone stole my credit card and being the idiot he was, he paid for a taxi cab with it. I simply called the taxi cab company with exact details on the time and amount purchased on my credit card, and with the police, we nabbed the guy! Hooray! ;)

So don't steal from me. I'll get you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment